Wednesday 11 September 2013

Lakes High School

I can't wait to go to high school next year!

Yesterday (Wednesday 11th September) a group of year 8 from Mokoia Intermediate discovered what it was like as a students day at Rotorua Lakes High School.

We had year 12 students showing 8 groups around their school doing...

Art
Art for me was quite interesting, Usually I don't really like art but we did something different that I really enjoyed... printing. Copied a design on to plastic whilst mixing colors then printed it onto a wet piece of paper.

Cooking
We melted plastic into different shapes - fish, christmas trees, moons and heaps more.e then put melted chocolate into those shapes and put them in the freezer, Everyone really liked cooking, I didn't mind it.

Gym
Next year I am definitely doing advanced p.e it was so cool, we played a game called pirates which incorporated jumping, climbing, running and crawling. 

Maths
I can't wait to do maths next year, we are going to get a good challenge which is good for me because I love maths. 

Science
Dried ice hurts when you keep it on your skin for ages. (personal experience) Blowing up a dears lung with a hole in the side looks hard and Teina had to experience what it was like by blowing into a tube that was put inside the lung and blowing as hard as she could,

Language
Next year I am definitely choosing one of my options as french, I loved it, learning french would be a good experience and having been to France and learn french with everyone surrounding you talking in french was amazing, therefore now that I am back in a country where most people speak English I would like to carry on learning french.

So over all it was a great day, I'm probably going to get lost next year if I choose Lakes High as my high school, but from what I have seen it is going to be a great year next year.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment